Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create 3d Model" from Nest does not keep parts within stock

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Chris.Brough
480 Views, 2 Replies

"Create 3d Model" from Nest does not keep parts within stock

Hello, we are attempting to create nesting geometry with engraved "extruded" text so that the parts can be etched with the part number on CNC.  I believe the only way we can get the part number exported to nesting geometry is with a part feature, so we are using "Create 3D Model" in a nested sheet which gives me all of the features but we now have an assembly file where the parts are not constrained or aligned to the stock?  Can someone please confirm if this is a glitch or if i am doing something wrong?

Here are some screenshots for context:

ORIGINAL ASSEMBLY SOURCE WITH EXTRUDED TEXT FOR THE ENGRAVING

Original Assembly SourceOriginal Assembly Source

NESTING STUDYNesting StudyNesting Study

3D MODEL EXPORT:

3d Model Export of first sheet3d Model Export of first sheet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MattWynn
in reply to: Chris.Brough

No, that does not look right at all.

Any chance you can provide the model?

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 3 of 3
Chris.Brough
in reply to: Chris.Brough

Update 3/6/2020

I tried the plain part nesting again and it seems to be working now. I’m not sure what could have changed. Ill post another update if I encounter the same issue again and see if I can find a cause. (There’s a slight chance I could have installed the .03 hot fix since I initially tried)

I’m still having issues though with parts containing any features.  My Pack & Go is attached and See info below:

The part in the middle has no issue with being extracted while all other parts around it do not get extracted:

The part in the middle has no issue with being extracted while all other parts around it do not get extracted:The part in the middle has no issue with being extracted while all other parts around it do not get extracted:

Once I add a simple feature (see next image) and update the extraction, it fails to extract:

Once I add a simple feature (see next image) and update the extraction, it fails to extract:Once I add a simple feature (see next image) and update the extraction, it fails to extract:

If the feature only reshapes the part it seems to be fine:

If the feature only reshapes the part it seems to be fine:If the feature only reshapes the part it seems to be fine:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report