Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions FEA Inventor - Meshes and Convergence

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
528 Views, 5 Replies

Questions FEA Inventor - Meshes and Convergence

Dear colleagues, good afternoon.

I am using the software Autodesk Inventor Professional 2021 in the FEA of circular torsion bars and circular and square bars in flexion in 3 and 4 points and anchored.

In the convergence plot section, it is possible to display or have access to the information of which meshes (number of elements) that were tested by Inventor in each solution step? Is there a way to display this information in a .txt file or Excel Sheet? I would like more information about the mesh tests to be included in the case study report. And the only way I have to access the convergene plot graph is through screen print.

Another question, what is the simplest way to include fixed and mobile supports in Inventor?

I am very grateful for everyone's help.

Best regards.

Sílvio,

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you might need to use the Inventor Nastran FEA environment, not the basic Inventor Professional FEA environment.

The Inventor Nastran tool has much more advanced constraints and reporting tools than the Inventor Professional tool.

Inventor Nastran is available as part of the Product Design and Manufacturing Collection.  https://www.autodesk.com/products/inventor-nastran/overview?plc=PDCOLL&term=1-YEAR&support=ADVANCED&...

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: swalton

Unfortunately, we only have access to the basic version of the Inventor Professional; we don't have an Inventor Nastran FEA version.

Is it not possible to have access to information that I mentioned in the basic version?

It is not even possible to get the txt file with the data from convergence plot test?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Nobody?

Message 5 of 6
swalton

I am not aware of a way to get any of the data you want from Inventor's linear static FEA.  I believe it is the old Plassotech solver (purchased back in 2007) with a simplified UI. 

You might try to parse the calculation and results files in the MODELNAME>AIP>FEA directory that is created after you run a simulation.  Some are text and others are binary.  

Again, Inventor Nastran has more options, because it is based on the Nastran solver.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nastran

You might find some more info in the Inventor Nastran help files: https://help.autodesk.com/view/NINCAD/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-3B8181DF-75C6-43AD-AF05-30341AFE842A

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: swalton

I greatly appreciate your response.

The file simulation only presents information of the tested initial and final mesh. It is really unfortunate that the basic version of Inventor is deficient in these aspects of FEA.

I thank you for your attention and collaboration in the doubts presented.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report