Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about license

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chris14
233 Views, 3 Replies

question about license

We have Inventor Ultimate 2017.  I use Inventor pretty much exclusively.   Can a different member of our team use ACAD while I use Inventor?

Thanks!

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: chris14

That all depends on what you have for a license and the qty of license

Give us more details of what products you have (if Product Design Suite Ultimate is not the only product you have) and the license type (perpetual, standalone, network, term, quantity and etc).

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
chris14
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have a single seat of IV Ultimate 2017 Perpetual license.  Included are AutoCAD Mechanical and AutoCAD Electrical (Probably Vanilla too).

Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: chris14

No you cannot..  You have a single perpetual license so it can only be installed on one machine.  Meaning when you launch Inventor you are basically using the entire suite.   Granted you can install your suite on a second machine (like home use) but only one machine can be running the software at any given time.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report