Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: 2022 Model states does Tabulated Parts Lists exist for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
noahholweck
530 Views, 4 Replies

Question: 2022 Model states does Tabulated Parts Lists exist for this?

Can you make a tabulated Parts List in the idw file with Model States? I know you can with iAssemblies/iParts. But it's greyed out for Model States. See attached image for example.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: noahholweck

Hi! Unfortunately, the workflow does not apply to Model States assemblies.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
noahholweck
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue , That is a huge shame b/c Model States really is faster to process and easier to work with. If Tabulated Parts Lists were enabled, we would start to change to that workflow. Otherwise, we're still forced to use iAssemblies etc. PS: Generating files for them still takes a lot of time. Especially when you open the master iAssembly and activate a different member to review it and then open the idw file to finalize it and it complains that you need to regenerate all the members when they didn't change... It's a real time eater.

Message 4 of 5
bike_josh

noahholweck posted an idea to the Autodesk community back in 2021. I would also really like this to be a feature. If anyone come across this post, please vote for the idea here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idi-p/1068619...

Message 5 of 5
bike_josh

@noahholweck I wrote a VBA macro which I use very often to export factory members. I added a button to the ribbon tab for this so that it's easy to access. 

bike_josh_0-1717463188054.png

this opens up a GUI which allows the user to select which members to export (or just click all)

bike_josh_1-1717463242421.png

bike_josh_2-1717463535941.png

and starts the export process. It's very handy because it omits all of the tedious pop-ups prompting for saves and just does what you want it to do. I also added a progress bar that comes in handy for large tables or more complicated assemblies.

bike_josh_3-1717463557916.png

This works for iPart and iAssemblies and has checks to make sure it's run on the correct file type.

Let me know and I'll share the code with you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report