Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with joint creation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
346 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with joint creation.

Hello there people.

I am currently making a model aircraft as part of a project, and I am having a few issues using the Mate function. I made my body (XY Plane) with the loft function and created an extrude for my wings to sit in in the YZ plane. In my project, I have to have the wings as a separate .ipt file, so I have to connect the wings to the body in an assembly. When I try using the mate function to attach the wing to the body, it connects, but still has movement up and down. I don't want it to move. Can someone help me please?? I have attached some screenshots. 

Annotation 2020-04-23 114303.pngAnnotation 2020-04-23 114239.png

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The mate is a planar constraint, so the planes selected stay parallel but free to move to others directions. To keep the the wings fixed, try to add some (2 will be enouth) pins to the wing and the corresponding holes to the body. When mounting, use the insert constraint to insert the pins into the respectives holes.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with the process of adding pins and holes to this. Could you please identify the process of doing so? 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Attach your files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Here they are.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report