Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with positions in an assembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
335 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with positions in an assembly

Hi, recently I got "a challenge" from a coworker to make a flexible part in an assembly ( practically it's a hose) that would modify itself (it's sweep path) in order to match the final pozition of element. It was relativly easy, found answer here, on forum, but now I need to make  several pozitions of that final element - so here's the problem : while I'm moving that final elemnt on screen, there are no errors, but making an position and moving the company, it gives error.  Getting back to master position gives the posibility to move the component without errors.

I think that errors are caused by the fact that it's necessary to make some calculations for sweep and it's spline.

Assembly is attached below.

P.S. I'm using Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Eugene,

nice idea and nice hose Smiley Happy

This is a limit of the Adaptive geometry, it  fails with positional rep.

You can use iPart/iassemblies

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Yeah, I could create an iHose with 2 or more desired configurations for 2 or more positions, but:

1'st - Changing position would become changing the representation view( would be some kind of cheating 🙂 )

2'nd - If I would need smth like this for a working project, the solution I'm looking for would ease me the job + less time consuption.

Also a strange thing : If I'm adding 1 constrain to free element, it becomes, sorf of, grounded. It doesen't move on unconstrained planes.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not too certain about all of the positional hose inquiries, but I do have something for your "1 constraint = fully constrained" issue.

I can't say that I really have an all-out solution. I've just noticed that happening from time to time when inventor is running hot (using a large amount of memory and I've noticed it tends to happen when things in the model are adaptive.

There are those on this forum who would disagree with me, but I tend to stay away from adaptivity where I can. I seem to find that it causes more problems than it fixes. But again. That's just me.

The only suggestion I could make is that if you need to move something and inventor won't let you after the first constraint, you can A) ground the part your constraining to (this should allow you to move the part with the degrees of freedom) or B) Use the Move and Rotate commands to adjust your part's location then update.

Sorry I can't be more help with the hose thing. Sounds neat but also sounds like something I would probably approach entirely differently based on my previous experiences.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report