Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Users from Saving or Using Data Outside of Project File Paths

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
378 Views, 1 Reply

Prevent Users from Saving or Using Data Outside of Project File Paths

All,

Good afternoon!  I got a request from an admin to see if there is a way to restrict users from either saving or using data outside of the paths specified by the project file.  I'm not away of an Inventor way to accomplish this and I'm guessing trying to limit this behavior in Windows would be difficult.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It would be an easy fix if you would make a small addon. that lissents for the save event and then checks the save path.

that function would look something like this:

Private Function isSavePathInDesignDataPath(savePath As String) As Boolean
        Dim project As DesignProject = ThisApplication.DesignProjectManager.ActiveDesignProject
        If (savePath.StartsWith(project.DesignDataPath)) Then
            Return True
        Else
            Return False
            ' inform the user that they should not save outside the project and cancel the save.
        End If
    End Function

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report