Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation saved views in drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
533 Views, 4 Replies

Presentation saved views in drawing

Hi Folks,

I've just installed 2017, and appear to be having an issue with saved views in a Presentation file not coming across to the drawing. I've saved 6 bespoke views to use in a drawing, but when I browse and open the Presentation model in the Base view creation window the view drop-down is only giving me the option of three views. I think these are from an older version of the Presentation file. No matter how many times I save and check my Presentation in to Vault it won't come up with the new views in the drawing. 

I'm wondering if this may be some sort of bug relating to the transition of files from 2016 to 2017. 

If anyone has any ideas or tips I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,

Nik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

have you opened the IPN file in 2017 and migrated it? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I have, yes. I've tried checking it in to Vault, saving etc, multiple times. It seems as though it's picking up an older version of the presentation file. Almost as though it's somehow got mixed up and is picking up the earlier version of the Presentation that I created originally in 2016. Really frustrating. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I've more or less solved this now - with thanks to a colleague. Basically, the new Presentation file creation is really not very intuitive; where I would have previous created a number of different drawing views, it now appears you have to create Snapshot Views. This was not at all obvious - it seems like functionality has been added where it wasn't needed - an answer to a question that no one was asking. 

Message 5 of 5
Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Hello,

For the new concept of snapshot views in Inventor 2017 IPN, the benefit is you can create a drawing view which links to multiple snapshot views from one ipn and publish multiple snapshot views to raster images in one shot. The snapshot views can be linked to certain times on the timeline of the animation which you can capture(the different state of exploded views) easily.

Please let us know if you have more questions/feedback.

Thanks,

-Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report