Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Bolted Connection results in trying to check out CC parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amber.hady
322 Views, 3 Replies

Placing Bolted Connection results in trying to check out CC parts

I am running Inventor 2023.2 & Vault Pro 2023.2. Not sure when this started happening, but now when trying to use the bolted connection in the design accelerator we keep getting an error. We have our own custom libraries in content center which are all started from the default info, but modified to show in the BOM the way we want. When we go through the steps to place the hardware we get a pop up box that asks if we want to check out the content center files. After hitting NO, we then get an error. Anyone know what is happening here?

On a side note, I tested the default Inventor CC families and they work as expected. I was even able to place a connection and then swap out the bolt from our library with no issues. However, if I replace all components, it then fails. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jan_priban
in reply to: amber.hady

Hello Amber,

I just revalidated workflow you are describing, working with Inventor 2023 + Vault server 2023 using Vault project, vaulted dataset, remote Content Center libraries. I am not Vault expert, but I see no reason why Content Center part should be check out when you are creating Bolted Connection - Content Center IPT files remain same, no change on them during Inventor work, so no reason to check them out to make them read / write. As my video show, I am getting only Check Out suggestion for assembly / steel shape file, no Content Center part. Both answer Yes / No - no error message. Sorry I have no better explanation so far.

Regards

Jan Priban

Message 3 of 4
amber.hady
in reply to: jan_priban

Hi Jan,

Thank you for looking into this. I discovered late yesterday that it had something to do with the settings in the application options. I had the box checked to Refresh out-of-date standard parts during placement. After I unchecked that everything worked as expected. However, Now I am wondering why it thinks my content center files are out of date?

Thanks Again,

Amber

Message 4 of 4
jan_priban
in reply to: amber.hady

Hello Amber,

retested with this option I am still not seeing request to Check Out Content Center parts / components / IPT

janpriban_0-1684323296508.png

You are right, this option means: When you are placing Content Center part that you have already placed then Content Center looks if there is newer version on server (newer version of already placed part).  If yes, already placed CC part is replaced by newer version (instead of placing existing one from cache). In this case I see what you are talking about. 

janpriban_1-1684323771008.png

Because Bolted Connection (Content Center) want to replace existing IPT representing CC part, you need to allow Check Out Content Center IPT file.

But this situation I can reproduce only when I have newer version on server (I changed material). In case there is no change on server, you should not see this Check Out warning message for Content Center component.

Did not you switch from Local server to Remote (Vault server) or something like this. There is something on your side that mimic newer version of CC part. Right now I have no idea what should be reason of "newer version"

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report