Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model States with custom Props in descriptions is no-no?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
EdvinTailwind
286 Views, 2 Replies

Model States with custom Props in descriptions is no-no?

Using Inventor 2023.2

I have a custom aluminium profile with length 2358 mm. In my assembly it's used twice, one each of the two Model States, where one has a cut-out for a door. In the iProperties Description I want to add a custom Prop: Length. Note that the length is the same for both Model States.

EdvinTailwind_0-1684315979431.png

So, if the Description is =ALU profile NN <Length> the output string SHOULD be identical for both Model States, but yet I get the annoying *varies* in the BOM.

If I put a static ALU Profil NN 2358 mm in the description, it works as expected, but if I can avoid static descriptions that's what I prefer.

Is there some Model State setting I'm missing here, or is this just not possible?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: EdvinTailwind

@EdvinTailwind 

Hi Edvin!  What do you see in the BOM if you ungroup by Part Number?  Are the descriptions identical for all of these, or do you see some subtle difference?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 3
EdvinTailwind
in reply to: CGBenner

Thanks for your reply. 

I restarted Inventor a short while ago, because I had another issue with the BOM (the parts lists in the drawing wouldn't update/reflect the changes made in BOM), and now this issue is gone as well. Ie, it works as expected as any of the other single-State parts.

I know quirks in Inventor often resolves by restarting, but this time I forgot... 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report