Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place .iam in new assembly as reference model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Goran.JutrisaR5QUS
189 Views, 2 Replies

Place .iam in new assembly as reference model

Hi to all.

Is there any way to place some assembly (Sub.iam) as a reference model in the assembly called Main.iam?

I am working on Main.iam and I have to put Sub.iam in this Main.iam so I could know available space.

The problem is that on Sub.iam is someone else working on, and sometimes when I update Main.iam model, also Sub.iam needs to update, and afterward I have to save Main.iam but it is asking me to save also components in Sub.ima and this is something that I don't want to do for safety reason. Also if I don't save all then I can not check in Main.iam and this is a problem for me.

Does anyone know how to solve this and place Sub.iam as a reference in Main.iam?

Thanks

BR

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can you create a derived part in a subassembly and then insert it into the main assembly for reference?

When creating a derived part, you can choose the degree of simplification (multibody, seamless, surface), which have different accuracy and different load on the computer.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3

HI!

I would try to use a simplified part from the subassembly.

The Simplified part will be associative with the source (The sub-assembly), and will not need to be saved in your main assembly, i suppose.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report