Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Export Crashing Inventor 2017

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
837 Views, 10 Replies

PDF Export Crashing Inventor 2017

Clicking File Export on the attached file crashes Inventor.  I have isolated the issue to the Detail view in the top left corner of sheet Submital1:1. 

I

2017-10-05_13-53-27.png

Computer Info:64-bit Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170810-1615)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Corporation

Quadro K1100M/PCIe/SSE2

Version 4.4.0 

Inventor Info:  Inventor 2017

English_Locked_x64

build id=21.0.14200.0000

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

An IDW only contains the links to the components that make up the drawing.  Update #2:  We would need all the components that make up this drawing in order to open and export it out to PDF.   In addition your build # for Inventor is the RTM version or the original release.  Are you on an active maintenance or subscription plan?  You need to upgrade and not use the RTM version anymore.  Also can you confirm your video card driver is not really at version 4.  For Inventor 2017/Win 7 you should be at 10.18.13..

Open or start a file in Inventor.

Go to tools/application options/hardware and click on the diagnostic button and provide that info here.

Update:  One more thing.. Although its just an email address, you shouldn't be sharing that info here for security reasons.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Here are the results of running Diagnostics form Inventor:

2017-10-05_16-33-14.png

Ultimately I really need to find out why it is crashing in my current version.

Message 5 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Your video driver is out-dated.  You need to update it.

Its not worth troubleshooting crashes and unexpected exit on the RTM version.  You need to upgrade!!!  No other route...   Everyone will tell you that.   IF its related to a given view like you said.  Delete the view and redo it and see if that resolves the issue.  But not spending the time to troubleshoot an Inventor version that needs to be updated.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 11
bob_holland

@Anonymous

Here is a link for the available updates for Inventor 2017:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/inventor-2017-updates-for-customers-subscription.html

Here is a link to the recommended video driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/123912/en-us

Since you are on a laptop you probably have an Intel video card that also will need it's video driver updated:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

After you have done these updates and tested, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you and have a great rest of your week.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bob_holland

@bob_holland I was able to install the graphics drivers but I'm still unable to install update 2017.4.  Please see this post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/error-applying-patch-to-file-c-config-msi-pt7e84-tmp-w...

Message 8 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi Justin,

The install might have been corrupted. Did you try Repair Install (go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> find Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017 -> right-click -> Uninstall/Change -> Repair Install)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have tried both Repair and ReInstall.  I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled.  I'm still hitting this issue.

Message 10 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi Justin,

When Inventor crashes, did you submit the crash report? If yes, what was the email address you submitted with? Please send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to find the report and understand the crash better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I just sent in the crash report from JustinRice@EngineeringIntent.com

I have also just sent the crash report contents via email.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report