Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List and Frame Generator

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
581 Views, 7 Replies

Parts List and Frame Generator

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

[http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6061928罨]
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jade_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post that image of partlist again because it seems that it is invalid in the old link.

Thanks!
Aaron
Message 3 of 8
Inv_kaos

IMHO filters are a sloppy way to detail on a regular basis. They can be good for a one off if it would save you a heap of time but you are better to model with your detail in mind. Why can't you just detail your FG assembly, not your main assembly, you wouldn't have to filter anything? If you are really determined to use filters then set up a ViewRep with just the parts you want in your detail, then filter with ViewRep. Is there any reason why you want to use filters?

Regards,
Stew
Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I'm getting an error when trying to upload the file.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks and thats fine, but the main problem is with the item numbers. Basically, my parts list is listing the item numbers multiple times separated by commas. To deal with this I've created my own Item column in the parts list and used an iproperty in each part to be the item number that I define. What do you think?

There is one more thing I want to say about detailing the frame by itself. What if you have web stiffener plates or gusset plates in the frame or to better illustrate my point if the frame is bolted together and you have plates welded at the ends of I-beams, channels, etc. to bolt them together. These would be part of the frame in my opinion, but with my row merge settings for the parts list they won't show up with the correct quanitity. Edited by: mjk289 on Nov 8, 2008 6:08 PM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Here is the image I tried to post before.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I edited my last post to add something. I don't think it updated the thread status so I'm just posting to ask people to please read it. thanks.
Message 8 of 8
jade_zhang

Unfortunatelly at current there is no such an automatical way to get one item number for those same frame parts as what you want. The only way I know is just like you said to make one customized item and input the number. Same as attached video?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report