Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part keeps repositioning wrongly without any error messages

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
279 Views, 3 Replies

Part keeps repositioning wrongly without any error messages

Inventor 2017

Hi, I'm having this wierd behavior where a part from a sub-assembly keeps rotating 90 deg and translating without any reasons. If I am inside the assembly and I click on the part, it automatically moves back into its real position, that fits the 3 plane to plane constraints. But as soon as I go back to the main assembly, and click on the part, it reposition back into a wrong position. If I look at the mates, they don't make any sense and there are no error messages whatsoever. And all I do is litterally a single left click on the part in either the sub-assembly or main assembly for it to move. Restarting Inventor does fix the problem.

Does anyone know the reason why my parts would react this way? And especially how to fix this behavior?

Thanks,

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! It is possible the assembly is in failed solve state. Does the red cross light up? If yes, please go through the process to correct the issues. If possible, please share an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I can help take a look and see where the problem is.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous it looks like the association to the other parts has been broken.

Delete all constraints to the black part and make sure it is not grounded.

Assemble > Productivity > Ground and Root Component.

Does it snap back to the right place?

Just a guess. Hope that helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

There is was no red cross in any of the assemblies or part, which is why i was so confused. To « fix » the problem i deleted all the constraint of the subassembly in the main assembly and grounded the part while in the correct position.

The black part used projected geometry from an other sub assembly, after i mated the assembly. Everything worked perfectly until i removed a part from that other sub assembly. Note that the removed part was never projected into the erronous part, which is an other reason i was confused.

Sadly i dont think i can reproduce it as i already saved over it. But yes, while in its wrong position, the part and assemblies acted as if everything was completly fine with no error messages or red crosses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report