Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part base view "Diplay Option > Thread Feature" default is off - 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
697 Views, 3 Replies

part base view "Diplay Option > Thread Feature" default is off - 2015

It appears the base view of a part in a drawing will not display threads unless you explicitly turn it on.

• There are no apparent settings in the template.

There are no settings in the Application Options.

• An idw template from 2007 exhibited the same behavior, so it is not something changed in the template. It is now hardcoded that way into the software, my guess.

Saving a drawing after inserting a view and turning the option on for that view, then removing the view and saving the template does not impact the setting.

This appears to be a bug, since this is the first of 19 releases of Inventor with this issue, and almost all part drawings should be drawn with thread features visible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks Curtis but it looks like the solution is to completely rebuild your template from the idw shipped with 2015.

Bringing a template forward creates the problem, and there is no fix.

QuasiMojo states (rather tongue-in-cheek) : ** And the issue it him at 2013>2014**:

"My 2013 default.idw had threads shown by default, for sure.  I used that template when I moved to 2014, never bothering with modifying the stock template.  When Inventor 'migrated' my old template it seems to have made the executive decision that I should have threads off by default.  I protested, but was unheard.  Opening the 2014 stock template shows threads by default.

Thank you, Autodesk, for providing me with the opportunity to study every change I made to my default template as I completely rebuild my it from scratch."

Curtis it does not appear as though this is resolved - thought you'd like to know. Don't take it the wrong way because I appreciate your link but now we have two posts, a problem that has now manifested for TWO releases, and no apparent good solution <insert sad frowny face>.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I don't think you need to rebuild any template file just for having thread display on by default when placing a base view. Please take a look at the solution in the following discussion.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Display-option-thread-feature-off-by-default-in-Inven...

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report