Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User- parts catalog useage

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
harper_jamie04
447 Views, 4 Replies

New User- parts catalog useage

Good afternoon-

As a new user was hoping to make a simple animation to demonstrate the basic capabilities of Inventor. Any tips on the best way to access the parts library for a simple build?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: harper_jamie04

Simple build of what?  Parts Library-- do you mean the Content Library?  How much training have you had?  What version of Inventor are you using?

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 5

Sam-Content Library. Thank you. Zero training. I just download the trial of Professional 2024. I thought that Inventor might be a good addition to the assessment database I am building for the oil and gas industry. 

Message 4 of 5
harper_jamie04
in reply to: SBix26

Sam-Content Library. Thank you. Zero training. I just download the trial of Professional 2024. I thought that Inventor might be a good addition to the assessment database I am building for the oil and gas industry. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 5 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: harper_jamie04

I don't have the time or expertise to give you a tutorial on using the Content Center.  There should be Help information readily available (Inventor 2024 Help | Autodesk), as well as in the Autodesk Knowlegebase.

The bare bones: you need to have one or more libraries installed, and your active project configured to use them.  Here is the list of libraries installed on my system, along with the default location for them.

SBix26_0-1690150337732.png

Checked libraries are available to my active project, unchecked ones are not.  This is the list of libraries that are installed on my computer and therefore could be used if checked.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report