Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Inventor, strange question.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
333 Views, 4 Replies

New to Inventor, strange question.

Is it possible to create a layout/ sheet template, where once I'm done with my assembly, the 7-8 sheets with sections/ views would be generated automatically? 

I'm in the fireplace surround business, so all of the sheet set-up is the same. Just different designs. 

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I am pretty sure that you can create an iPart in order to accomplish this task. 

1. Start with a very generic sheet metal part. Save it as a part first. Then on the Manage tab, select Create iPart. This will begin a spreadsheet that will start with with your generic part.

2. Once you have saved this part, Create a drawing by placing the iPart. 

3. As soon as you are happy with the drawing and ensure that it shows all of your views, open the ipart and right click in the browser bar. Select edit table and begin to add your second part with new features. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLCPaOqjaA

This video may help.

Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

You say different designs, how different?

Meaning you could setup a model and the related drawing and then use iLogic Design Copy, Copy Assembly, or even iCopy to generate a new design and drawing,   Depending on the change in the design you may only need to clean up the drawing.

Do you have Vault?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

yep.. many tools for "similar" designs

iparts or iassemblies are normally used for similar products to allow 1 file to control multiple similar designs

and the ilogic/copy tools as noted above..

Just need to find out what works best for your specific details/designs.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Coyping the existing drawing, then using Replace Model Reference to tie it to a different model is also an option here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report