Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Utility Break Out Costs for Each Part

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
petestrycharske
1260 Views, 6 Replies

Nesting Utility Break Out Costs for Each Part

All,

Good evening!  I have a client who is asking me if it is possible to somehow extract per part cost data from the nesting utility within Inventor 2019.  I see that there is a report, but I'm not seeing anything other than total cost and no way to easily export the data to spreadsheet format.  I admit that I've not played with the nesting utility much and am not sure what it and isn't possible.  If anyone can please point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

There no provided way to export the report data to any format, much less to Excel at this time.  The only way I can tell you to get a per nested part cost is to make a seperate study with just one part and get the value from the "Packaging Cost".  It is a very inefficient method but it is possible.  This field in available in the Nesting Utility 2019.1 update.

Single Part Cost.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

What would such a cost be based on?

Todd
Product Design Collection (Inventor Pro, 3DSMax, HSMWorks)
Fusion 360 / Fusion Team
Message 4 of 7

Hello @petestrycharske,

Currently we do not provide these statistics, but we are working on a new report mechanism that will detail this kind of information. I cannot promise when this will make it into a specific release, but we are targeting it for the next release. 

Phillip Doup
 Architect - Fusion Platform UI
Message 5 of 7

Todd,

Good morning!  My apologies for the delay in reaching back out to you, but I have been working with a client the past couple of days.  I had asked myself that question, as I don't work in the sheet metal industry and haven't calculated these types of part costs before.  I guess my thoughts are as follows:

1. Calculate the area of the sheet

2. Calculate the areas of the parts being cut by that sheet

3. Ratio the areas

4. Assign the sheet costs (material, handling, etc.) proportionally to the area ratios

5. Determine if the remaining sheet material can be reused.  If not, assign the waste costs proportionally as well

Again, I don't work in that industry, but that is the first thing that came to my mind.  Has this been the approach from your experience?  I would love to know the industry standard, so I can have it in my back pocket in the even that I'm asked again.  Thanks for the feedback and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks @phillip.doup!  Is this module going to be available on the Inventor Beta portal?  If so, I can try to find some time to kick it around a little bit.  Thanks for the feedback and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 7 of 7
AmyLiu
in reply to: petestrycharske

@petestrycharske @ToddHarris7556 @jhackney1972

NU 2019.2 is live today, issue in this post has been fixed on it. a detailed cost report on the Nesting result, you can go to Browser tree->Nesting Study->Nest->Report node, double click to open HTML Report dialog. attach a sample.
Please have a try when you get a chance. Let me know if you have any problem. thanks for your patience.

Amy Liu (cui.liu@autodesk.com)
Senior Software QA Engineer
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report