Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help modeling a hammer drill 'like' mechanisim

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
1368 Views, 21 Replies

Need help modeling a hammer drill 'like' mechanisim

Hi All,

I guess I'll start by saying that I've fairly new at inventor, so I sincerely apologize for my lack of familiarity with the program.

I've been trying to create a vibrating mechanism similar to what is done in hammer drills.

http://www.right-drill.com/images/HAMMER%20DRILL%20HAMMER%20MECHANISM.jpg

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make evenly spaced splines that also have a chamfer (in order to reduce wear) - It is driving me crazy.

I need to make both a top and bottom (one rotates causing the other to move in a linear 'vibrating' motion).  Can anyone out there help?

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks

Jim

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ouch - That hurts Igor - I feel your pain.

Where do you live? What kind of job are you looking for? (Engineering? Drafting?)

I live in Alberta / Canada and jobs are still booming, though I do hear that will taper off slightly in 2015 but rise again in 2016 as more projects are built.

Message 22 of 22
IgorMir
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jim,

Thanks for asking. I live in Perth, Western Australia. What I do is outlined on the website of mine. Please have a look.

Cheers,

Igor.

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch - That hurts Igor - I feel your pain.

Where do you live? What kind of job are you looking for? (Engineering? Drafting?)

I live in Alberta / Canada and jobs are still booming, though I do hear that will taper off slightly in 2015 but rise again in 2016 as more projects are built.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report