Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help change the plane.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
368 Views, 1 Reply

Need help change the plane.

I am working on a F1 car and need to test it with Falcon. But when I first created the car in Inventor, I put it on the XY plane, and as I see, the flows go on the YZ or other direction but definitely not the XY since I see the flows go from side to side of my car. I even changed the direction on the compass but I still does not work. Please help me on changing the plane orientation in Inventor. However, I heard somebody said we could redefine the sketches and put them in another plane but it seemed does not work on me, it messed up everything. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Redefine sketch only works in rare cases (where everything is based off first sketch and then part faces.

This same question (in one form or another) has come up 3 times in the past 2 days.

Move Bodies and select the Rotate option in the drop-down.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Moving-parts-in-part-environment/td-p/3780746

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report