Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi line user parameter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rlillyFZQWC
272 Views, 7 Replies

Multi line user parameter

I am looking for a way to make my user text parameter to display in multi line, not one line of text. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 3 of 8
blandb
in reply to: rlillyFZQWC

If you create a custom iproperty for example in your drawing and then place that piece of text into the title block, you can use the text box of the piece of text and set the box size. This will auto wrap text, is this what you are looking for?

text box.png

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 8
rlillyFZQWC

I am doing a detail. Not a titleblock. Here is a snipit. I want the line to break at Heavy and the one under it to break at (see description)

rlillyFZQWC_1-1652965955810.png

Message 5 of 8

It does not seem possible from the styles editor, so the answer is probably no.
Message 6 of 8

Thanks. I was hoping there was a character that represented the enter key.

Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

You can't create multiline text in a leader linked to a user parameter but you can with a leader linked to a custom iproperty using the trick from max.eekhout in post 8 here.. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/multiple-lines-of-text-in-a-custom-iproperty/td-p/1749...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 8
A.Acheson

This kind of basic user functionatility is what is missing from the drawing side of the software. These are bread and butter issues we face daily when detailing. Here is a request for text wrapping from 2018

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report