Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved, Renamed or Deleted

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
cbrucebressler
697 Views, 18 Replies

Moved, Renamed or Deleted

cbrucebressler_0-1667501813662.png

How is this still a problem.  Fix this ASAP please.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
CGBenner
in reply to: cbrucebressler

@cbrucebressler 

Hello!  Are you saying that the file in the warning is present and accounted for and you're still getting the warning?  Or are you saying that it s not present, and you wish Inventor could just find it on its own?  🙂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 19
cbrucebressler
in reply to: CGBenner

100% that the file is in the correct spot in the vault.  90% of the time the vault status is red, preform a get and sometimes it works.  Most times I have to shut down Inventor to open said file.  Even better is most times the file is open in another inventor assembly and I still get this error.

Message 4 of 19

Hi! If the files are in the correct folders, the prompt sounds defective. Do you have files with duplicate names saved in different folders? Please try finding the duplicates and make sure you keep unique copies.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 19

Just got the same error.  IV2020.

Close everything, restart IV and it went away.

Working on a checked out assembly.  Open an old Released assembly.  Try to measure and the missing part error popup.

Message 6 of 19

Hi Frederick,

Please check if there are duplicate files in different folders. I suspect some of them may have the same names. Also make sure all applicable Inventor and Vault updates are installed.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 19
BDCollett

This incident has been resolved in:
Inventor 2022.4 Update
Inventor 2023.1 Update

"The current operation requires data from document but it cannot be found... " when opening file fro...

Message 8 of 19
cbrucebressler
in reply to: BDCollett

Happen to have a link to 2022.4?

cbrucebressler_0-1667566984058.png

Message 9 of 19

Hi! The article is true but 2022.4 is not yet released. It will be soon. I am sorry for the confusion.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 19

Curious how it can be an accepted solution when the solution isn't even released as of today????

Message 11 of 19
CGBenner

@cbrucebressler 

Since this release, when it comes, will solve the issue (we hope), I marked it as A solution, though it may not be the only solution.  If it turns out that this update doesn't fix it, I'll simply unmark it.  I thought that others might find this thread and see that there is a fix on the way.  I will keep an eye on this thread and update it as needed.  Crossing my fingers that when it does come out it solves your original issue.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 12 of 19
cbrucebressler
in reply to: CGBenner

OK, Thanks for the help.

Last question, is there an ETA for when 2022.4 will be available?
Message 13 of 19

Hi Bruce,

Soon! 2023.2 and 2022.4 will be available soon.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 19

So, been awhile now since 2022.4 update came out and periodically same error comes up as in new version did nothing.  Please help all of us out and get this corrected.

Message 15 of 19

as in has done nothing to stop the Moved, Renamed or Deleted when opening an assembly. 

Message 16 of 19

As in has done nothing to stop the Moved, Renamed or Deleted when opening an assembly. 

Message 17 of 19

Hi! Are you using Vault? If yes, when it happens, did you try Inventor -> File -> Manage -> Refresh?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 18 of 19

Yes, of course I have tried "refreshing" the file and parts, specifically the file that comes up in the error.  The only fix is to shut down and restart inventor.  It is a giant waste of time.

Message 19 of 19

Hi! Try this and see if it helps. Close Inventor and go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variable -> add "DYNAMIC_LOAD_APPLETS" and set it to 0.

Restart Inventor and perform the defective workflow.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report