Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying centred patterns

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
richard.jacksonJ4NYZ
236 Views, 4 Replies

Modifying centred patterns

In the attached picture, I have used centred pattern for the radial holes. I have added an extra hole (clouded).

How can I modify the original centred pattern to include this new hole. Deleting & re-creating the pattern will lose the angular dimensions, which I want to keep.

Rich Jackson

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi!

There's no other way to do it other than edit the pattern.

You don't need to delete the pattern, you can edit the feature and change the number of holes.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Not sure if you fully understood my question.

Modifying a modelling pattern to alter the number of holes is fine.

What I want, is to edit/modify the original 'centred pattern' on the drawing view that shows the centre lines.

As the angular dimensions are attached to the centre lines I want to keep these, so deleting the centred pattern will also delete the dimensions.

Is there a way to include the new hole (ie: create a radial centre line) within the existing 'centred pattern'?

A quick fix is to create a new centred pattern and only using 3 holes (the new one & both adjacent holes).

I was hoping for a solution to edit/modify the original 'centred pattern'. This problem will regularly occur for me as I modify older model/drawings.

cheers

Rich

Message 4 of 5

OK, i understood...

I don't think there's a way to edit that.
I would go with your quick fix.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for looking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report