Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing hole feature from assembly tree IDW file

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Glenn.s.Allen
438 Views, 8 Replies

Missing hole feature from assembly tree IDW file

For some reason the holes I added to my assembly (hole 2) are not showing up in my IDW tree and therefore not showing up in the drawing.  Does anyone know what causes the hole feature to not show up from an IAM file?

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
swalton
in reply to: Glenn.s.Allen

Are the holes visible in the drawing view?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 9
A.Acheson

In my testing the assembly hole feature is not displayed in the drawing browser. Only features applied in the part file will show up in the browser tree of that part. There seems to be an update issue if it is not showing up in the assembly view where the hole was applied. The images do not provide any information helpful to trouble shoot this further.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 4 of 9
Glenn.s.Allen
in reply to: swalton

@swalton

They do not show up. I have changed view representations, reloaded the file with Replace Model Reference, deleted and replaced the view to try and figure it out.
Message 5 of 9
swalton

Are you using the correct Model State with Inventor 2022?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 9
Glenn.s.Allen
in reply to: swalton

@swalton 

I have cycled through all of them with no change making the holes appear.

Message 7 of 9
CGBenner

@Glenn.s.Allen 

Any chance of sharing a Pack and Go of the assembly for us to take a look at?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 8 of 9

Assembly features (such as holes) will not show in the model tree of a drawing view.
You can verify if your holes were made invisible by someone right-clicking them in the view and picking "Visibility" OFF, by right-clicking the view and picking "Make View Raster" (to toggle it back, simply "undo" or right-click "Make View Precise" back again). If your holes then show up in Raster, I would suggest deleting the whole view and re-inserting it in.

Message 9 of 9

Hi Glenn,

Yes, it is true that the assembly features have never been made available in the drawing browser. The function of such feature in a drawing is quite limited. You can select the feature so that the associated view edges are selected. Then you can change the color or linetype or lineweight. There isn't much more you can do with it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report