Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring Iparts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
379 Views, 8 Replies

Mirroring Iparts

i want to make the opposite hand of a piece part or ipart, how is this done without all the crash and burning i am getting
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

someone out there has to know how to mirror an ipart, within a drawing instead of having to redraw all the handed parts over??????
Message 3 of 9
markm

Derive the part
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

thanks alot man, that helped alot since we are new to inventor, now i have one last question, is it that easy to mirror assembly drawings????
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Can you be a little more specific? I ass-u-me you're using the mirror command. When does the crash happen? What type of crash? What video card are you using? Memory in computer? etc... Tim Poe wrote: > i want to make the opposite hand of a piece part or ipart, how is this done without all the crash and burning i am getting
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

lets say i have created my major assembly and it is a left handed assy, now i was to make it a right hand, i imagine there is a replace command, but can you just mirror the entire assy, without creating the left and the right hands of that part. Because where i work we do install dwg.s for installers and our assy. dwgs, just have a handed not on it but for our install dwg, we show both hands.

as for my computer, memory and video, they are all fine, had them checked out through site and our autodesk reps....
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

F1
On the index tab
type in the keyword "mirror".

I assume you are using v8, v7 did not mirror assemblies.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

No ... actually I don't guess it is quite as easy. You have to derive assemblies into a part file then derive that to get the mirror option. Mirror is available only to parts. ~Larry "Tim Poe" wrote in message news:31514419.1077151725770.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks alot man, that helped alot since we are new to inventor, now i have one last question, is it that easy to mirror assembly drawings????
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Got side-track I guess. Continuing... That said, you can also use the mirror tool on the assembly tool bar. ~Larry "Tim Poe" wrote in message news:31514419.1077151725770.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks alot man, that helped alot since we are new to inventor, now i have one last question, is it that easy to mirror assembly drawings????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report