Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurements.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
276 Views, 4 Replies

measurements.

The ability in inspect distance function to maintain a (selectable) base point for multiple base measurements would be helpful
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Are you trying to tell us this would be a great function in Inventor?  If so nothing is going to happen here by just stating it.  Go to the Inventor Idea area and post this request and have people vote on it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

What about just creating an idw of the part and using "ordinate" dimensions.. 

Are you expecting to have a table or something with a row for each measurement or something?

I'm not sure I (personally) would ever need something like that in the part or assembly mode..

I can just take multiple measurements now from a common point.. There just isn't a function to record and display that in a table like format.. 

If you do make an ideastation submission make sure you include much more detail that what you have provided so far.. Intended use, expected display method,etc... so its very clear what you want and so others can imagine the function/functionality of such a new feature..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
SteveMDennis
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

In 2018 we have made some measurement improvements (go to the beta/alpha site if you would like to check them out) and this one is on our list but will likely have to wait until a future release of Inventor to be implemented.

We would effectively allow you to "lock" one of the selections in the Measure command and keep picking the other selection...

@mcgyvr

Doing this just saves picks, you can do it today with Measure it just takes more picks. Dimensioning will accomplish it as you said but we have had multiple people ask for this as well.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: SteveMDennis

@SteveMDennis wrote:

@mcgyvr

Doing this just saves picks, you can do it today with Measure it just takes more picks. Dimensioning will accomplish it as you said but we have had multiple people ask for this as well.

@SteveMDennis Since when did you guys start caring about mouse clicks Smiley Very Happy he he.. poke..poke.. pick..pick.. 

Spoiler
(auto sort on update) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report