Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure angle while rotating an object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cr9896
167 Views, 2 Replies

Measure angle while rotating an object

Hello guys. I am literally a newbie so I apologize if I am not asking a very smart question. Hope I make it as clear as possible. 

So, I am working with different parts (like the one below) for a class. The figure on the left is the reference image. In that position some features are not quite clear/visible; therefore, I have to rotate the part to have a better understanding and see important features like the holes for example (image on the right).

Now, I would like to know if there is a way to measure the "rotation angle" between the reference image and the final orientation. So basically, how much I moved the image to have a better understanding of the object. Is it possible to do so on Inventor? I am using Autodesk Inventor 2024.

Thanks in advance.

Example - Forum.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: cr9896

Hi!

I'm not understanding why you need that value (could you explain why?)... but...
If you really need to measure that, i would place the part in an assembly and vary the constraint angle until i get the rotation value i need.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Frederick_Law
in reply to: cr9896

Using macro or iLogic, yes.

If you just want to save the view so you can get back to it, use View Representation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report