Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machining operations do not display on drawing when a weldment is a subassembly.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
matAZBDY
637 Views, 5 Replies

Machining operations do not display on drawing when a weldment is a subassembly.

I have created a simple welded tube assembly with machined features in it.  The tube was used in a higher level assembly with no issues, but when I illustrate the higher level assembly on a drawing, the machined features of the lower level disappear!

The model state of the view is set to "Machining" (also tried Assembly, Welds, and Preparation to no success) and the component view representation is set to "Default" (also tried Master.)

When the view is refreshing or updating, the features are evident, but when fully refreshed and no longer in a raster state, they disappear.  In the pictures below you will see windows at the top of the tube and a circular notch at the bottom, that go away when the drawing is fully refreshed.

refreshing - note the green bracketsrefreshing - note the green bracketscompletedcompleted

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: matAZBDY

Hello @matAZBDY,

Which version are you currently working on?

The problem does not come to me when playing some sample files with Inventor 2019.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not look right to me. If possible, please share the example files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
harcad

I have the same issue's in Inv. 2020.3.4

In the weldment assy dwg there's no problem. But when putting the subassy which includes the weldment on a dwg, the behavior is strange... The outline shows the unmachined assy

The colored part is right, the outline is wrong.

harcad_0-1607419724243.png

harcad_1-1607419751771.png

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: harcad

Hi! This sounds like a corruption. If possible please share the files (zipped) here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to see if there is a way to make it work. Quick test to try. Open the assembly -> Manage -> Rebuild All. Then create a new drawing view in a new drawing. Does it work?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
harcad
in reply to: johnsonshiue

This "rebuild all" button did work!

Thanx.

(Didn't know of this button...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report