Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lofted Flange refold failure

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
417 Views, 8 Replies

Lofted Flange refold failure

When creating cone with lofted flange feature I encounter problems in each different approach. I needed to apply unfold feature to add holes on the cone with intention refold it back to cone again. Unfortunately Inventor is giving failure comments for each different approach solving this problem

could not replace the geometry with desired contour

feature compute failed

Please help to solve this issue.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
S_May
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

2019-06-03 10_16_46-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020.png2019-06-03 10_16_59-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020.png

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Many thanks for quick response!

Please describe what was the issue so the next time I will not start spoiling the forum 🙂

Unfortunately I have 2019 inventor and I am not able to open the file. Please save in older version if possible.

Message 4 of 9
S_May

@Anonymous 

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Unfortunately I get errors creating this model. I have Inventor 2019. 

The model is created by lofted flange. I use one of the segments plane and through  cut normal I am able to create hole which is perpendicular to flat pattern surface. 

But as I create hole pattern and then flat pattern inventor goes to sand watch regime and afterwords shows an error me message at the same time showing some incredible artistic capability by twisting my ipt (picture enclosed)

Messages are could not build this cut and etc...

Please help to solve this issue.

Message 6 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi Jaanus,

The flat pattern failure has been fixed as of 2019.4 update (see attached file). I notice you are still on 2019.3. Please install 2019.4.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for a hint.

After some manipulations the pattern was generated, but the part is not correctly visualised*(2019.4). Pattern holes visually  do not penetrate through sheet metal. Aftercut does not help as well because as I understand it does not see any "physical material" to be cut. 

Unfortunately the 3d view is spoiled and the drawing view and flat pattern as well. I imagine we would have to manually correct the idw..

Can you please help to solve this issue?

Message 8 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Please attach the new part here. The hole you added was not present in the file you originally attached.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

ipt file is encolsed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report