Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library shows Not Available in Inventor 2021 after Upgrade from 2019

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rcolon9E4ZX
666 Views, 6 Replies

Library shows Not Available in Inventor 2021 after Upgrade from 2019

Hello,

We upgraded to INV/ACAD/Vault 2021 from 2019 via scripted backup and restore. I have a content center library "Abtex_Custom" that is visible in the ADMS console tree, but it is listed as Not Available from INV2021->Projects->Configure Content Center Libraries. No libraries are available. What steps do I take to be able to use this library in INV2021? Note that the Update Tool button is grayed when I click Abtex_Custom from the Configure Libraries window. I tried the Library Transfer Guide button then From Vault Server to Inventor Desktop, but no libraries come up to select from. Please also note that I also need to upgrade to INV/ACAD/Vault 2022, so if this fix can wait until then that is better. I do not know if libraries from 2019 can be updated to 2022 directly.

ADMS Console 2021 with libraryADMS Console 2021 with libraryINV2021 Config LibrariesINV2021 Config Libraries

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Rafael

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BDCollett
in reply to: rcolon9E4ZX

You need to migrate in the ADMS first then in Inventor. When doing the restore this should have happened. You may need to run it manually on those libraries.

See the following document, scroll down to the Vault section:

Migrate custom libraries | Inventor 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 3 of 7
rcolon9E4ZX
in reply to: BDCollett

@BDCollett ,

Thank you for the reply. It looks like I am at "Step 4: Copy legacy customized CC libraries to new a Inventor partition on the ADMS Console." I will attempt in the morning. Will files that I instantiated from the 2019 libraries remain referenced within my existing assemblies, and is this aspect seamless to me?

Thank you.

Rafael

Message 4 of 7
BDCollett

@rcolon9E4ZX wrote:

@BDCollett ,

Thank you for the reply. It looks like I am at "Step 4: Copy legacy customized CC libraries to new a Inventor partition on the ADMS Console." I will attempt in the morning. Will files that I instantiated from the 2019 libraries remain referenced within my existing assemblies, and is this aspect seamless to me?

Thank you.

Rafael

Files in assemblies are linked to those in the /Content Center Files/ folder not the library. Which is why this is saved under your Vault project and checked into Vault.

Those files will be migrated to the new version if you open and save them at any time.

Message 5 of 7
rcolon9E4ZX

@BDCollett ,

This method worked for the Read/Write library. For the Read-Only ANSI/DIN/etc. libraries, I cannot copy to a new partition. Would I need to transfer the 2021 libraries I got during install from Desktop->Vault Server? 

Thanks.

Rafael

Message 6 of 7
BDCollett

@rcolon9E4ZX wrote:

@BDCollett ,

This method worked for the Read/Write library. For the Read-Only ANSI/DIN/etc. libraries, I cannot copy to a new partition. Would I need to transfer the 2021 libraries I got during install from Desktop->Vault Server? 

Thanks.

Rafael

No this does not work. Each version has it's on specific Standard CC Libraries that need to be installed from the ADMS.

Download the 2022 version here:

Autodesk Inventor 2022 Remote Content Libraries | Inventor 2022 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 7 of 7
rcolon9E4ZX

@BDCollett ,

Thank you for the timely replies. I was able to get the libraries installed on ADMS 2022 per your reference. Our new Vault is all setup and migrated and I'm getting the users installed with 2022 CAD.

Thanks again for the swift assistance.

Cheers,

Rafael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report