Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large frame generator frame lagging/crashing often

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
mcook21VD9DL
1277 Views, 28 Replies

Large frame generator frame lagging/crashing often

Hi,

I've got a large frame that I've been making in frame generator by use of multiple 3D sketches/2D sketches as I noticed that if my sketch gets too large, even placing components starts to lag. I have a lot of  reference loops and adaptive components but even if I turn off the adaptation they still lag profusely. This is a PC with a 3080 RTX and Ryzen 5900X... it shouldn't lag.

Could someone possibly have a look at it for me? It's taking huge amounts of my time and it's very stressful. Any help is appreciated, cheers.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
cadman777
in reply to: mcook21VD9DL

I skimmed the article. I wouldn't trust what Google says. ALL corporations LIE.

The fact is, if Google is MANAGING your files, they there is some kind of process involved.

There's no telling how it is connected to your dataset or interfering w/your Inventor processes.

The solution is to identify the cause, which would require a bit of research and testing on your part.

If it was me, the first test I would so is totally remove all Google Derive from your workstation, and only use Google drive as a 'pass-through' for transferring files. Do everything manually from your end so Google isn't involved with your computer. You wouldn't allow a thief into your house to get to know you, right? So why allow Google? They're consummate thieves, at best. 

The day I decided to totally disconnected from the network (whether Internet or a company network) was the day ALL problems disappeared. I have never been hacked, nor have I ever used an antivirus program. I've never gotten a computer virus, and also never had any of the typical problems with lag or interference that everybody else does who 'trusts in' their IT people to manage their system, or who uses Cloud or online services.

The way I look at IT is simple: LAW ENFORCEMENT (IP cops). The fact is, ALL law enforcement (and all government for that matter) are SOCIAL PARASITES. They CONSUME your resources without giving you ANYTHING productive in return. Google drive is no different, except for the fact that you really don't know what they're doing to or with your data from behind the scenes. So if I was you, I'd 'disconnect' from all data management systems except for simple back-and-forth emailing or other simple, no-strings-attached communication. Google Drive = Social Parasite. You can't trust them. Same with DropBox and all the other services out there.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 22 of 29
gcoombridge

@mcook21VD9DL I agree with @cadman777 (maybe I would have used less emphasis 😁) . Move the dataset onto your C:\ under a new temporary project folder and check the result.

I use OneDrive as a storage platform on some projects and this creates some issues (particularly with lockfiles that are created and deleted by Inventor). I do so for IT reasons specific to my workplace - I'm under no illusion that Autodesk probably wouldn't recommend it.

@johnsonshiue do you have anything to add about Google Drive compatibility? 

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 23 of 29
cadman777
in reply to: gcoombridge

LOL @ "I agree with @cadman777 (maybe I would have used less emphasis 😁)".

I get that a lot!

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Message 24 of 29
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

The way I understood how Inventor works with cloud drive is that Inventor isn't cloud aware (except for Fusion Team). It doesn't know how the files are managed on the cloud-side of things. Nor does it care, since it simply could not make sense of cloud path.

Like other cloud drive, Google drive (OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and so on) must have a desktop storage. Google drive enables continuous syncing to the cloud. My suggestion is to map the Google drive as a logical drive. Find some instruction on Google. Inventor will interact with this logical drive, unaware of Google drive. This should apply to all Inventor users having access to this Google drive. In this way, Inventor can save and retrieve the file paths as usual. Google drive is simply a file storage in the cloud.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 25 of 29
cadman777
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@mcook21VD9DL 

Please keep me posted on how this works for you.

Thanx...

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Message 26 of 29
mcook21VD9DL
in reply to: cadman777

Hi Chris,

Hilarious - I can appreciate where you're coming from. I think John is right, but it would also be easier just creating the model on my desktop as we are not yet using vault (in progress) and sending it to the cloud.

Cheers

Message 27 of 29
cadman777

Today I came across someone in here who uses FG for structures like I do.

He explains it in more detail with pictures.

Here it is in case you're interested.

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Message 28 of 29
PJKeeffe
in reply to: cadman777

Thx- will look on weekend- been under the pump for the last month hence the lack of response on my part.
Btw -still have issues with FG
Message 29 of 29
cadman777
in reply to: PJKeeffe

Thanx for the update.

Let me know how it works out...

... Chris
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report