Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy Text input When using iProps in text Boxes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RNDinov8r
376 Views, 3 Replies

Laggy Text input When using iProps in text Boxes

So, I had asked this quesiton in a previous post about General Notes in MBD notation, but just recently discovered that the issues seems to lie in any form of text box/field.

when I create a Note, with no referenced iProperites to the model, I can type all day long and the text pops up on the screen as fast as I hit the keys. However, after I add about two iProperty fields, my text entry has about a 1 second delay. If I delete the iProp Fields, text entry goes back to instaneous. It's almsot as if every letter I type, my processor is going back and re-verifying the data in the iProps. Is there a box to uncheck somewhere. 

This seems to happen with the Text Command (in the Annotate Tab for drawings) and the General Note (in the Annotate Tab for MBD). This does not appear to be an issue with leader notes in general in either environment - at least I was able to put 3-4 iProps in a leader note with no effect. Does Anyone know what is causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: RNDinov8r

I am seeing that too on Inv 2020.3

It "seems" like the program may be checking/refreshing (whatever its doing behind the scenes) those iprops after each keystroke and as you get more and more iprops the lag gets longer and longer. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
RNDinov8r
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes (forgot to say, that's what version I am on), that is exactly what I am seeing. I have hunted all over for a check box that might stop refreshing....but I can't find anything.

Message 4 of 4
RNDinov8r
in reply to: RNDinov8r

It appears that the issue was resolved when I installed the 2020.3.3 update issued today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report