Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping base view / break lines centered

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Keeping base view / break lines centered

Hi all,

I have this pipe-assembly that is generated via a linked excel.

The pipe can be anywhere between 6000 and 25000mm.

There are two lifting eyes on the wall of the pipe, at 1/5 of the length from each edge.

The assembly updates beautifully, maintaining all constraints as I want.

I'm having difficulty with the IDW.

As the pipe can be very long, I want to place a break line which cuts the pipe section between the two lifting eyes.

I placed the break lines more of less exactly in the middle, right between the (centered)  lifting eyes.

If I change the excel from a long to a short pipe section, the break lines do not stay centered, causing one or both lifting eyes to disappear in the broken section. Dragging the break line makes the lifting eye appear again, but ideally I would like to keep everyting centered.

I have a more-or-less equal assembly that does seem to keep everything centered, but after a long time of comparing all settings, I can't seem to find why the one works much better than the other.

Is there a way to keep the break section centered in the base view?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Without seeing the actual files, I can only speculate. I believe this is related to View Justification. Edit the view and go to Display option -> change View Justification from Center to Fixed. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report