Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There an iPart Row Limit when Publishing to Content Center

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
233 Views, 2 Replies

Is There an iPart Row Limit when Publishing to Content Center

All,

Good morning!  I was working with a client yesterday and ran into an issue where they could not publish a large iPart table to the Content Center.  Their table had approximately 20,000 rows in it and Inventor simply stated "Publish Failed" as an error message.  He split his table into two parts and the roughly 10,000 row parts could publish.  After looking at his situation, we were able to greatly reduce the number of rows, so he was all set.  

However, I'm curious, is there a limit to the number of rows or perhaps cells (rows & columns) the Publish command can handle?  It's pretty rare, but I do have some clients with lots of data rows, so I want to be able to advise them of a hard limit, if a limit exists.  

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.  Thanks in advance for any assistance, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Pete,

What release of Inventor is the user using? If it is 2021 or earlier, the embedded iPart table/CC table is limited to the max rows and max columns of 32-bit Excel xls file. For 2022 and later, the embedded spreadsheet is based on 64-bit Excel xlsx file, which is almost unlimited.

Regardless, having so many rows will cause performance issue. Do we know why such massive number of rows is required? Couldn't it be done by using Custom columns?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

Thanks @johnsonshiue!  They were indeed using Inventor 2021, so that answers my question.  You are absolutely correct, it can be done with Custom Columns and I noticed that when I was on his computer.  He's already set to go, but I was curious if there was a limit.  Thanks for the information and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report