Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to unpack all content center files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kamal.issa
547 Views, 3 Replies

is there a way to unpack all content center files

Hi. Each time i insert a part which i haven't used before from the content center and save my assembly. a new file is created here:

C:\Users\k\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2018\en-US

It's like the content center library unpacks its parts in that folder.

when i want to copy my assembly to another computer, i have to copy all the files in that folder too.  is there a way to unpack all the parts in the content center? this way i wont have to copy all the files in that folder every time i want to copy my assembly to another computer because they would already exist there.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: kamal.issa

Your observation on how Inventor Content Center works is spot on and this is they way all Standard Content Center Parts are developed and saved.  You company Inventor project file show define the location of the Content Center files to one that ALL users can see thus you will never get a "Resolve Link" problem.  Once the file is developed as standard and automatically saved to these folders, if the part is placed in a new assembly, it is taken from these folders so it is only developed once.

Out of the box I do not think there is a way to develop all the content center files ahead of time.  I am sure someone versed in iLogic could probably do it but this is not what you want to do.

You mention problems copying your assembly and having to copy the developed Content Center folder as well.  If you use Pack and Go to copy your assembly, it will automatically search out all the required Content Center files and copy them from you.  Pack and Go is foolproof if you use it correctly.  You can get to Pack and Go in a number of ways but one of the easiest is to begin the Open process in Inventor, find your top level assembly and right click.  The context menu will have Pack and Go available.  Make sure the assembly is not open when you do this.  Read up on Pack and Go as there are some nice tricks inside it, especially how to pack and go associated files like 2D drawings and presentation files.

Pack and Go 1.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

You can set the location where your Content Center parts are saved, relative to you working/project folder. That way, all your used CC parts are inside the working folder. Disadvantage, they can be created multiple times, when used in multiple projects.

I think the way to do that is by editing content center path in project settings. " .\Content Center\" 

Message 4 of 4
kamal.issa
in reply to: Anonymous

that's what i usually do but the problem is like you said. they are created multiple times

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report