Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add the Inventor User Name to the Revision Table instead of using Author, Engineer, etc.?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chewy_robot
104 Views, 1 Reply

Is there a way to add the Inventor User Name to the Revision Table instead of using Author, Engineer, etc.?

I want to make it so when a user creates a new revision row in the revision block their name will automatically fill out who the revision was by. Currently, we have it set to Author which doesn't work as intended since the Author of the drawing may not be the one who is revising the drawing. I have no problems pulling the Author information. I am looking for some sort of option where I could select something along the lines of the "User" instead like found in the Application Options. That way, whoever creates the revision row in the revision block, their user name is automatically filled out. Is this possible? I looked around in the style library but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

chewy_robot_1-1719944783332.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: chewy_robot

Hi! Unfortunately, it isn't available out-of-the-box. Maybe iLogic can help.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report