Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iParts with NPT and and straight threads

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tchristman
451 Views, 4 Replies

iParts with NPT and and straight threads

I am trying to create a few iParts that have different internal threads. When I create the part the table seems to take the change but when I switch parts in the model from the NPT to the BSP it gives me the error below. Any advice as to haw to fix this or set it up correctly?Capture.PNG

Error.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tchristman
in reply to: tchristman

I am trying to create a few iParts that have different internal threads. When I create the part the table seems to take the change but when I switch parts in the model from the NPT to the BSP it gives me the error below. Any advice as to haw to fix this or set it up correctly?Capture.PNG

Error.PNG

Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@tchristman

First I never liked mixing different standards or thread types in my iparts but that's my opinion.   Based on what I'm seeing it looks like your ipart table is missing dimensional stuff.  Its been a while but I would have to go back and confirm if there are items needed.  I would start there.

Also hole 4 has an association to pipe diameter and your table has no value in the column.  Which is another point to make..  All cells should have a value and never a blank cell.  Even if the cell doesn't pertain to anything for that given member just put in some fake value.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@tchristman

Not sure why you're posting 2x https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/iparts-with-npt-and-and-straight-threads/td-p/7912341 about the same thing.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
jhackney1972

As Mark has pointed out, missing required data in an iPart table usually is not allowed.  I have created two examples of iParts in Inventor 2018.  In Method 1, I have created two holes using the same point and then computed and suppressed the pipe taps as needed.  In Method 2, I have used the same hole feature and just computed or suppressed the pipe tap as needed.  It works but can get confusing, at least in my opinion.

If you do not have Inventor 2018, I have taken a screen capture of both iPart Methods and placed them here.

Method 2.jpgMethod 1.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report