Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Wrong link to part in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tomas_wiklund
486 Views, 5 Replies

Wrong link to part in assembly

Sometime I get links to not existing parts in assembly after Copy Design from vault.

In first picture you see all parts existing in the assembly.

On the second picture you see the relationships. The part 'O1016309-07.ipt' is not in the assembly and and should not be there as a link.

Is there a way to remove the link? I've searched this forum (and the internet) but not found any solutions helping me.

AssemblyView.PNG

VaultView.PNG

/Tomas Wiklund

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@tomas_wiklund

Vault and Inventor version?

Was O1016309-07.ipt part of the original assembly you copied from.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6

Inventor Pro 2017 (2017.4.3)

Vault Pro 2017 (2017.1.2)

And in this case the assembly is a copy of a copy.

The origin assembly was containing the file O1016309-07.ipt.

Both copies of assembly has the the same fault.

/Tomas

Message 4 of 6

Can you confirm in your assembly under FX parameters, that file which is not part of your assembly is actually linked there.. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6

Hi! I have seen this behavior before. It is about corrupted file reference. I was aware of an issue in earlier Inventor that deleting assembly feature particularly terminating to a participate can lead to something like this. The source of corruption has been fixed but the iam file still carries over the corrupted reference.

Could you try going to Manage -> Link and see if the file is listed there? If not, there is a workaround to by pass the behavior. But, I will need to see the files in order to provide the exact steps. Please share it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6

Ohh! Why didn't I look there in the first place?

Not a corrupted file this time.

Thanks Mark!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report