Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart variable pattern

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Daan_M
507 Views, 5 Replies

iPart variable pattern

Hi Forum, bit of a newbie question

I'm currently drawing a flange to create a iPart factory. Theres holes in the flange for assembly, but for every flangesize, this pattern is different, see the picture below.Flange2.jpg

Ofcourse i like to keep my drawing as simple and clean as possible. But because of these different angles for every size i'm not sure what the best method is. I managed to draw these flanges but the drawing and Excel get a ton of extra parameters an it's a bit messy.

What method would you apply to create this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Daan_M

@Daan_M 

Are you actually making a drawing or modeling it?

If you're going to make an iPart of this, you would have to create different patterns and then enable/disable them (the patterns) for your members..  In my opinion reviewing the info you provided, there's not a lot of common stuff in the circular pattern that makes this an iPart candidate.   But that's my 2 cents..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Daan_M
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I'm looking to make a iPart yeah. I had the same view, there's not much in common within these patterns, but they're still all circular with holes. I thought maybe i've overlooked a easy tool to create this, without making individual patterns with dimensions for each single one. 

In the end it is no problem, i was simply looking for a optimalization if there was one, thanks.

Message 4 of 6
daneYNCUX
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Is there no way to suppress pattern occurrences within an IPart member?
Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: daneYNCUX

Hi! Unfortunately, it is not supported in iPart/iAssembly/Model States.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
daneYNCUX
in reply to: Daan_M

oops, wrong string, my bad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report