Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart in Assembly, How to change configuration

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
7596 Views, 5 Replies

iPart in Assembly, How to change configuration

Greetings, I have created an iPart which has a left and right configuration. I already have the default configuration placed in the upper level assembly, how do I change the parts to reflect which configuration I want to show, either left or right? Do I need to delete out the current parts and replace them in the configuration I need or is there a way I can do it without deleting them from the assembly?

Thanks!

Justin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Justin

It sounds like your trying to create an iAssembly, is that the case?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes Sir that is the case.Robot Frustrated

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

Once I place my iPart and create my iAssembly I can do a table replacment

6-15-2015 3-30-14 PM.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

2 ways..

Either through the iassembly table (using "table replace")

Or switch from factory scope to member scope (manage tab/author section dropdown). Then switch to the member you want to edit then expand the ipart to show the table node in the model browser and right click on the table icon and select "change component"

There are a few videos on youtube that are great at showing all this..

here is one to watch..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t6zjWBguys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
DRoam

Do I need to delete out the current parts and replace them in the configuration I need or is there a way I can do it without deleting them from the assembly?

If you're just trying to get the new iPart version of the part into the assembly, you can just use the Replace command. It's under the "Assemble" tab -> "Component" panel. Inventor will try and keep any constraints you have. You can select the "Tree" tab when placing to select which configuration you want.

From there, if you want to change the configuration, you can go to the part in the browser tree and expand it, then right-click "Table" and choose "Change Component".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report