Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InventorViewCtrl.ocx not loading Windows 10

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1623 Views, 6 Replies

InventorViewCtrl.ocx not loading Windows 10

Greetings,

I need to run this ActiveX plug-in, mainly because our third party Vault use the plug-in to show thumbnails of the parts. But It's not working.

1. I added the Path in the system variable environment, both 32bit and 64bit

2. I try to manually register the activeX plug-in via the regsvr32 command. It doesn't work

Anyone has any Idea how to correct this?

Thanks

Computer Specs:

Intel i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz

32Gig of RAM

Windows 10, 64Bit

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Could you take a look at the following blog post and see if it applies to you?

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/07/use-64-bit-activex-component-from-a-net-assembly.html

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnsonshiue,

thanks for the quick reply! That blog may have been a good help, but I already tried what's in there (At least the beginning). I have 2 different InventorViewCtrl.ocx, one for x32 and one for x64.

As I've seen, I copied the x32 one in the C:\windows\syswow64\ and then regsvr32.exe InventorViewCtrl.ocx - No luck. 

Error msg: The module failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The Specified module could not be found.

The samething is happening with the x64 version.

Then, I looked at this: http://preview.tinyurl.com/o3baqdj - Still no luck... 

Message 4 of 7
LishuangLu

Hi

Thanks for contacting!

Could I know which release of InventorView or Inventor was installed in your system?

I suppose you have added the environment variable path to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Number (or InventorView Number)\Bin\Bin32\" for working with x32 bit ocx.

Would you please review to see whether your environment variable is the same thing?

After that, registering the .ocx from command line by running as Administrator should work, and the command is regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Number (or InventorView Number)Bin\InventorViewCtrl.ocx".

Please let me know whether it works in your side. Many thanks!

Regards,

-Lisa

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LishuangLu

Hi Lisa,

I've been able to manually register InventorViewCtrl.ocx thru Command prompt, both x32 and x64. 

Still, it seems that the module still not work. I tried to load to insert an Inventor View inside Microsoft Word and the module is not in the drop down list. As you can see in the screenshot capture1.jpg, both are in the system environment variables.

I have Inventor 2017, InventorView is from the suite.

My 3rd party vault where the module is not working is Bluecielo Meridian 2017.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Greetings everyone,

I've been busy lately so I could't follow up on this matter. 

I have repaired Inventor, and my 3rd party vault to no avail. Also, my coworker who has the exact same computer than me have the same problem. We went thru all the steps and it's still not working.

I can't believe we are the only one having this particular problem.... 

Cheers,

G. Thibeault

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

This post gives suggest that lets you know the easiest method to successfully treat your  https://unfitpc.com/unl-ocx error messages both by hand and automatically.......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report