Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor view 2019 - assign .ipj and measure - How?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lch
Advocate
1302 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor view 2019 - assign .ipj and measure - How?

Hi.

The matrix on Inventor view 2019 shows that it is possible to measure.

I have now downloaded the 2019 version - and i dont see how to measure.

Please have a look:

https://www.autodesk.com/viewers/all-viewers/compare

Is it possible to open an .iam in a given project .ipj. (still in inventor Viewer 2019)

I only see a project editor.

But if i cant assign a project file, then its almost impossible to open a .iam drawing (without any errors!)

Is it simply not possible or what?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: lch

How about leverage Inventor view for a Pack & Go file? the Inventor view more like for the viewing when sharing data, if it's true, you have to do Pack & Go first. 

Regard to the measure , I don't see the measure tool as well, will contact project team for a better understanding then, please stay tuned.

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 9
lch
Advocate
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Well....you are right, but in my case i am working on that single project in maybe a half year.

And during that periode the salesteam should be able to open the newest drawing everyday.

I am not going to pack and go on daily basis..:-)

So i would be very nice simply to assign the project file and then just open the most recent .iam drawing.

Message 4 of 9
Xun.Zhang

Yeah, agree.

Could you please submit a new idea in ideastation to gather more supports? 

By the way, it might not be that simple for coding. Smiley Happy

The measure is not supported in Inventor view, working on correction in short for the description soon.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 5 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Indeed, Inventor View does not support measurement. The information on the comparison chart is wrong. I will work with our project team to correct it.

Regarding ipj file, you should be able to browse to a folder and activate a project file. I don't understand what you meant by you can only work on single project. Did you download Inventor LT or Inventor Pro or just Inventor View?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9
lch
Advocate
in reply to: johnsonshiue

You are right about activating projects - didnt work yesterday - today it does - Thanks.

By working on only one project for a half year I ment that i am drawing on that single project all half year.

Not that im not able to work on serveral projects.

Thank for you're reply

Lars Christensen

Message 7 of 9
rolf_zimmermann

Test

Message 8 of 9

@rolf_zimmermann

What is discussed in the beta forum can not be talked about or referenced in the open forum.

Those types of discussion must take place in the beta forum topics and not here.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
Xun.Zhang

Hi Lars Christensen,

A quick update, the content is up to date now.

https://www.autodesk.com/viewers/all-viewers/compare?_ga=2.61755375.210268091.1523887954-1169583844....

Thanks!

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report