Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor scene convert to a new storyboard?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rohan_kennedy
153 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor scene convert to a new storyboard?

Hi, I'm using Inventor 2024, and have used the traditional method of scenes and tweaks to created exploded assembly views for 2d drawings for many years. Now I want to make use of storyboards for assembly animations and was hoping to use the same tweaks as the basis for my storyboard. But storyboard panel is not there and only appears when I click on the "Finish edit view" green tick. Then the view is completely re-set to a completely different representation with no tweaks and it seems I have to start all over again to create the storyboard. Is there any way to make use of my pre-existing scenes/tweaks? I was hoping that maybe they would default to a basic storyboard based on tweak sequence and with a default time associated with each tweak, then I would just edit using the storyboard panel. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Eide.N
in reply to: rohan_kennedy

Unfortunately, if you broke the links from the timeline (see image below), I don't think there is a way to get it back. Hopefully someone has a better answer for you!

Screenshot 2024-06-04 114009.png

Message 3 of 3
rohan_kennedy
in reply to: Eide.N

Thanks, I don't remember that particular popup on this presentation but a lot of my assemblies/presentations/drawings are grown from previous iterations using design assistant then modified from there, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report