Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional 2017 stops working at lauch

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
672 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Professional 2017 stops working at lauch

Hello,

So, I have installed Inventor from my Autodesk account choosing the ''install now'' option. 

It installed properly with no interruptions but after the restart, when i launch the program enter my serial numbers (student version) ect... and try to open Inventor it opens up but immediately stops with a windows error window.

I'm using a windows 10 64 bits, and the computer is within the recommendation.

I have stopped the anti virus programs, checked compatibility, tried the reset program and installing it once more with the same results.

Thanks in advance for the help!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Virtual Agent For the download

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk

Get the 3 files:

Autodesk Inventor 2017

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

Delete what you downloaded and extracted to your C:/Autodesk Inventor 2017 folder 

Clean out your %temp% folder 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

And "but immediately stops with a windows error window."  What error message would that be?  This would be crucial information that you should've provided..  I can think of few error message at the moment but not sure which one you're seeing..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the answers.

I have cleared my temp folder, followed the steps you indicated but I still get the error message which says that: ''Autodesk Inventor 2017 has stopped working. The program will be closed, and you will get a message if a solution if available.'' (translated the best I could) with: ''close program''.

The other program installed at the same time like Recap 360 launches without problems.

Attachment is a screenshot of what i get.

Message 6 of 13
mdavis22569

have you been able to start it at all?

What do you have for a video card?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

The picture I added was the only thing that happened when i launched the program.

I use a 1080 ( drivers are up to date )

Message 8 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

What does 1080 mean?  Is that a reference to your graphics card?  If so we would need more info about it..  Make and model #..  1080 doesn't mean anything

Also the error message that you reported in your other posting could mean many things..  That's a standard Windows thing..  But I would recommend that you remove and reinstall your C++ stuff as indicated by this article.  Good luck and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have reinstalled C++ stuff as described in the article and restarted from the beginning after uninstalling the Autodesk programs.

It's a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (asus strix).

I forgot to mention that i use the student license.

Is there a way to get a more informative error message?

Message 10 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

I would check the Windows Event log for applications and see if there are any warnings or errors at the time the message appears.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I find that there is 2 errors showing up when the launch fail:

1-Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFF0F266D4B (00007FFF0F240000) with exit code 80131506.

2-The other one seems to be a ''track'' issue with the location of the .exe and folders.

Message 12 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Sounds like you have net issue on your machine.  Review this article (yes its about AutoCAD but the steps are the same).

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I had to uninstall the .NET as said in the article, started over again and it worked ! 
Thanks a lot for all the help.

Note: I installed only Inventor and not the extra programs i don't think it helped but anyway. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report