Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor opens old version from vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
daan.sleegers
147 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor opens old version from vault

Hi all,

I work for an engineering company in which we use Inventor 2022 in conjunction with Vault 2022.  Recently issues have cropped up regarding Inventor and Vault assembly and part version issues. 

We have noticed that sometimes, when I check-in an assembly and next my co-worker gets the same assembly in the Vault and opens it in Inventor, the version is not the newest. The major problem is that the Vault-tab in Inventor shows that the version is up-to-date, including all components, however it clearly is not. At the same time the Vault program does actually have the newest version, including all components, i.e. the component-tree concurs with my latest version. Getting the assembly another time does not fix the problem. Even after checking-in a newer version in the Vault and getting it again the problem is not solved. The problem is only fixed when my co-worker removed the file from his harddrive and gets the assembly again.

Meanwhile a different co-worker opening the same assembly from the Vault does open the latest version in Inventor. 

This has probably already caused a lot of lost work and frustration with lost versions. Is this a problem due to our workflow or might this be a larger problem concerning the coupling between Inventor and Vault?

Thanks in advance,

Daan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

This is more of a Vault question. Many things to check in small dialogues here...
From within Inventor, make sure you check the box as "Non-Released Biased", and see if that fixes it.

Gabriel_Watson_0-1696599158072.png

If not, you can use the Get command with Force Overwrite from the Vault Client, to ensure none of the local files stay untouched and un-updated. I believe that just double-clicking the file would not enforce that. Also, pick "Include Children" so you are not simply downloading the selected files (the box should turn blue as below).

Gabriel_Watson_1-1696599294564.png

Some related discussion at the bottom of this idea:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/opening-a-file-with-vault-explorer/idi-p/3501120

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report