Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Nailboard work point dimensions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
268 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Nailboard work point dimensions

Hi,

I have been trying to draw cable assemblies in the Cable and Harness and Nailboard environments. The cables consist of 2 terminal lugs and 2 cable glands. In an effort to maintain consistency, I want to dimension where the cable glands are located on the cable. This is done by placing work points where the cable passes through a panel. Then on the nailboard, I used the harness dimension tool to call out how far from the end the "pass through" point should be. My issues is that the dimensions shown on the nailboard do not agree with the 3D model.

In other words, the distance between two work points in the 3D model is different than the distance show on the nailboard drawing.

Attached is simple assembly and drawing that shows the issue.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ryan,

You are talking about the issue that the distance between two work points in the 3D model is different than the distance show on the nailboard drawing, and it is reproducible. I will send it to development team for investigation, and keep you updated.

When we try to get the location of cable gland, we could insert the point on the wire, and redefine the inserted point to the circular point of cable gland. Now it does not support to add the dimension in the wire, although it is a 3d spline. So you could post your requirement at Idea Station @ https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232/tab/most-recent

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

We look into the issue, and made some investigation. Nailboard display the actual length = wire length + embedded length, but 3D module length is only wire length. so they are not different. 

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report