Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT 2020 free trial didn't open, reinstalled, encountered error 1603

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
417 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor LT 2020 free trial didn't open, reinstalled, encountered error 1603

tl;dr: I installed Inventor LT, but it wouldn't open. After restarting, it still wouldn't open. I looked up tutorials, but they referenced files I didn't have. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and then encountered error 1603. I suspect there was a failure in installing the correct licensing.

------------------

Today I installed the free trial for Inventor LT from the Autodesk website. Once it finished, I opened Inventor LT, and the loading image briefly appeared, then disappeared after about 20 seconds. About 20 seconds after that, and seeing nothing happening visually, I tried again, and got some sort of error message, which I *think* mentioned licensing and/or already having autodesk software running. Whatever it was, I figured it was still trying to launch from the first time I clicked, and pressed 'cancel' on the message, assuming that my computer was trying to launch 2 inventors at once. However for 2 min later, nothing happened. I tried launching again, the loading screen showed up, the loading bar went to ~25%, froze, and then the program closed after about 20 sec. The error message I mentioned earlier did not show up, nor would it show up again in this whole ordeal.

I thought perhaps there were other background programs or conflicting Autodesk programs running, so I closed all misc. other background programs as well as other Autodesk programs, and tried launching it again. Same thing happened, loading screen popped up, bar went to ~25%, closed after ~20sec. I noticed in the task manager that when I clicked on it, inventor as well as some other Autodesk process popped up, and then inventor just disappeared from the task manager, never to be seen again. I tried launching Autodesk desktop (which had installed alongside inventor LT), and I was able to run it and log in without issue, but still was no closer to fixing the inventor issue.

I looked up some possible online fixes, suspecting that there was some sort of fluke error with licensing during instillation. However, the tutorials I found suggested deleting files in locations that did not exist on my computer such as folders called "ADUT," and "FLEXnet." I tried restarting my machine, and launching Inventor again. No luck, however I did notice some Autodesk processes that didn't show up before when troubleshooting (probably because I ended them during my initial confusion), one of which referenced FLEXnet, but I still couldn't find and folders titled "FLEXnet."

I then followed the steps to perform a clean un-installation of all Autodesk software, as I wanted to start over from scratch and see if that would help. I un-installed all autodesk content I could, including Inventor LT, the desktop, Autodesk genuine service, and all the program and appdata Autodesk folders created in instillation.then relaunched the installer, followed the same steps to install it again from fresh, but after about 5-10 minutes, ran into a 1603 error. I tried un-installing everything again as described in autodesk's recommendations for how to proceed after a 1603 error. I also ran the built-in autodesk uninstaller programs (which I didn't find out existed until later, as it wasn't mentioned on the website) for good measure, but it failed again.

Is there anything I can do to be able to run the free trial of inventor LT on my machine? I need to finish this project in just over a week.

Computer specs:
Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop
i7 core
Over 200GB free space
8GB RAM

Windows 10 64bit system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! A few things to try. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed. Also, apply the following licensing patch.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-licensing-service-updat...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Running that file and attempting another instillation did the trick! Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report