Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Autodesk Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
388 Views, 5 Replies

Help with Autodesk Inventor

Hi lovely people,

Greetings and peace to one and all. I am new here and just a simple old school mechanic. So all of this fantastic computer designing world is alien to me, therefore I am seeking your expertise in assisting me. Would anyone out here be so kind enough to assist me in generating three separate drawings? The intent here is to generate one single pipe, and this pipe will contain 3 sections. The mid-section is the belly section and the other two sections are cones. The cones will be welded at an angle at the mid-section (cylinder/belly). So essentially once the cones are welded to the belly it will form one single pipe with angles. The seams of the cones should be underneath not on top. Please see attached pictures and specs. The desired outcome should be flat patterns. I will then print these templates, paste the same templates on 20GA metal sheet and then cut them to size. Once these are cute to size on the sheet metal, the sheet metal will be rolled to form two cones and a cylinder. These three parts will be then welded to form a pipe with the appropriate angles at the mid-section, the cylinder (section C). So essentially the templates generated into PDF should be 1:1 (so paper size C, 18" x 24").  If any one could help me out with this, will me much appreciated and with thanks.

Kind Regards,

Daryl

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached a master part for the basic shape (2018 IPT). It can be used as template for three different sheetmetal parts.

Problem here are the outer shapes: No real cones, but transitions from an elliptical section to a circle. In sheetmetal environment, a Lofted Flange will be best method.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
IgorMir

Hi Daryl;

Here is a model for the cone part. IV2020 format.

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 6
hosford

Daryl

when building 2 cycle expansion chambers, it is normal practice to make straight cones, then cut the pipe on a small angle, rotate the pipes to achieve the desired results, this is repeated till the pipe follows the desired path.

trying to do it the way you are may give less than anticipated results, this is in part due to abrupt changes in gas path.

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: IgorMir

IMG_0946.JPGIMG_1046.JPG

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: IgorMir

Merry Christmas Friends!

Peace to one and all!

Kind regards,

Daryl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report