Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor iProperties Physical Values Saying N/A for imported STEP File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ander4j5
132 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor iProperties Physical Values Saying N/A for imported STEP File

Hi,

I am able to download and import a step file of a screw from McMaster-Carr (link here) into Inventor. However, when I go to the iProperties, all of the values say "N/A" under the Physical tab. Any suggestions as to how I can get these values to populate? Specifically, I need the Mass and Volume values. I have downloaded step files from the site before and have had no issues, just this one file. So far I have tried updating iProperties, using the Repair Bodies feature, importing it as a SolidWorks file & re-importing it, and trying to Derive it as a part into a new part file but nothing works. Attached are the step file, iProperties dialogue box, and my selected import options.

Thank you!!

ander4j5_0-1702534893407.pngander4j5_1-1702534983512.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
YannickEnrico
in reply to: ander4j5

Some of the geometry on the thread is sick

I repaired it by capturing the profile on a sketch -> 3D sketch with a spiral -> Delete Face (heal remaining geometry) -> Sweep

I didn't clean it entirely, just did it to confirm my suspicion about the geometry

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 3 of 3
ander4j5
in reply to: YannickEnrico

That fixed it, I guess I need to look more at working with surface repairs. Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report