Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like a cut list for the following frame.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Billduck
245 Views, 4 Replies

I would like a cut list for the following frame.

Can not find the correct button to get one.Frame.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Billduck
in reply to: Billduck

I know there is a way to do so. For instance, the total length and the part length is in the BOM. Is there a way to create

a new column labeled "quantity" that does the division of total length by the part length?

Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc

@Billduck wrote:

I know there is a way to do so. For instance, the total length and the part length is in the BOM. Is there a way to create

a new column labeled "quantity" that does the division of total length by the part length?

So you're looking for the number of pieces, instead of the total length of the material?

If so, there's a ready-made property for that, which you can just add to the table.  It's called "Item Quantity" instead of just "Quantity."

Message 4 of 5
Billduck

Duh! It worked. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
jtylerbc

I have my parts list style set up to already use the Item Quantity.  Most of the time we don't care about showing the total length on the drawing.

However, sometimes it is helpful to still be able to get to that total length, for doing cost estimates or compiling a list of materials to order.  There is a way you can edit the Content Center parts so that they report a count instead of length as the normal "Quantity" value.  But I intentionally didn't change that setting, because with this setup I can access both types of quantity as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report